Baileys ice cream is made by the alcohol named Baileys well known by everyone, is also served with coffee. Adding alcohol to the ice cream is very interesting, because the freezing point is low, so it’s easy to take it regardless of how long you keep it in the freezer.
We know that nobody can compare with Maraş Ice Cream, but wouldn’t you like to add another recipe among your interesting desserts?
The Baileys story began in Dublin, 1974. David Dand, now known as the Godfather of Baileys, had a vision for something new, something unapologetically luxurious. Inspired by the sense of change in the air, he dreamt of creating an innovative and utterly indulgent liqueur.
Bailey’s is a kind of whiskey.
This special drink, which can be mixed and served together with coffee and cream, can be prepared with many different recipes.
Bailey’s is a special drink prepared with coffee. Although it is alcoholic, Bailey’s is the most preferred type of coffee.
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup Baileys Irish cream (or other Irish cream liquor)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
- Place heavy cream, milk, Baileys and vanilla extract in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl until smooth and well combined.
- Once simmering, pour about half the milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking vigorously so the eggs don’t scramble.
- Once combined, pour the egg mixture back into the sauce pan over medium-low heat stirring constantly until thickened. This will take 2-5 minutes. Mixture will be slightly thinner than pudding consistency when thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the sauce pan for 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl to remove any solids.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap down on top of the mixture and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, transfer mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 hours to freeze/set completely.