“Caramel Nut Tartlets” are full of nuts that allow you to continue your day energetically. Roasted hazelnuts such as walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, cashews, almonds or walnuts; vanilla, mixed with smooth and sweet caramel made with butter and forest honey. It is divided into walnut tart bases and the delicious “Caramel Nut Tartlets” appear.
250 g flour
95 g powdered sugar
125 g of cold butter
30 g walnut
50 g eggs, 1 egg
2 g salt
50 g milk chocolate
- Roast walnuts and nut mixture in the oven at 170 ° C for about 8 minutes, or as desired. Have the roasted nut mixture ready and let the walnuts cool for the dough. Grind the walnuts very finely with a nut mill or nut grater. Then sift to get only the fine nut powder.
- Mix the egg with salt, sift the flour and icing sugar together and chop the cold butter. Then add the butter cubes to the flour mixture and rub them with your hands until the whole loose flour mix adheres to the butter. Then mix everything by rubbing newly added dough mixture between both hands. This is how the fine sand is made. Add the grated walnuts and grind everything together again briefly between the hands.
- Mix the dough mixture with a dough card, forming a chop in the middle and add the mashed egg to it. Work with the dough card from the inside out and connect the egg with more and more flour mixture. Then chop with the dough card through the dough until the whole egg has been picked.
- Knead the dough together with your hands (palm of your hand). With a pushing motion, press a long sheet of dough onto the base to evenly mix all the ingredients together. Take the dough together and repeat everything until no pieces of butter are visible. Form the dough into a ball , place on cling film and form into a finger-thick rectangular plate and wrap in cling film, refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170 ° C.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out about 2 – 3 mm thinly on a lightly floured work surface or between silicone mats or cling film. Lay the Tartelette rings (7 cm) with the dough . Cool between the steps in the refrigerator or freezer. Cut any protruding edges. With a fork, slightly pierce the dough base and fill with dummy baking material. Then bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, remove dummy baking material and bake for about 8 – 10 minutes until the tartlets are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the tartlets cool down.
Melt the milk chocolate and brush the cooled tartlets with it.
160 g of nut mixture (eg walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, etc.)
20 g of green and peeled pistachio kernels
135 g sugar
55 g cream
35 g forest honey
35 g salt butter or sweet cream butter with 1 pinch of salt
1/2 chopped vanilla pod
- For the caramel au beurre salé in a small pot, bring the cream with the scraped-out vanilla pulp and the pod to a boil and keep it covered.
- Put the sugar with 30 g of water in a small saucepan (14-16 cm) and cook over medium to high heat to the golden brown caramel. Do not stir much in the pot, light panning is enough. Remove the pan from the heat and deglaze the caramel with the hot cream . Be careful, the caramel can foam very much. Add honey and butter (salt) and mix to a smooth caramel.
- Stir in the roasted nut mix immediately, until all the nuts are well coated with the caramel. Then fill the prepared tartlets evenly with the nut caramel mixture and allow the nut tartlets to cool and serve.