Baked with Cheese Spinach, melted cheese and spice mixture is a great helper for dinner instead of rice. You can also think of it as a party snack as crowded food will be enjoyable. We’re sure you’ll finish with a piece of crispy French bread without waiting for it to cool down.
Baked with Cheese Spinach, melted cheese and spice mixture is a great helper for dinner instead of rice. You can also think of it as a party snack as crowded food will be enjoyable. We’re sure you’ll finish with a piece of crispy French bread without waiting for it to cool down….
- The most important part of making this recipe is to make sure that spinach is free from all water after it has been boiled.
- To remove the water, you can squeeze the spinach between your fingers and press the potato crusher. You can wrap the spinach in several layers of paper towels and squeeze them to get all the latest water.
- Prefer to use freshly baked spinach for this dip. We discovered that the frozen spinach has a harder texture.
- I use a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella to sweeten the food. If you don’t have mozzarella, you can use other cheese options. Make sure there are types of cheese melting and mixing.
You can prepare your spinach from the oven in the oven and store it in the refrigerator for 8 hours. As soon as your guests come to the oven, you can reach your spinach in a hot oven in half an hour.
In this recipe cheese is used a lot and makes this dish quite delicious. However, if you want to save calories, you can use low-fat cream cheese, low-fat sour cream, and reduce the amount of grated cheese in the recipe by 1/3.
You can also add the following materials to the recipe.
Artichoke: You can add 2 chopped canned artichoke hearts.
Bacon: Add 100 g of thinly sliced bacon.
Sun Dried Tomatoes: Add 1/4 cup dried sun dried tomatoes.
Mushrooms: Add 100 g chopped cooked mushrooms.
8 ounces cream cheese softened
1 cup sour cream
10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided use
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
bread, crackers and vegetables for serving
- Steam or saute the spinach until wilted. Let cool, then wring out all the excess water. Coarsely chop the spinach.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a small baking dish or skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the spinach mixture into the prepared dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley then serve with bread, crackers and vegetables.