I love the recipe which has chicken and crispy dough like Creamy Chicken Pie Sticks. We have made this super cute Creamy Chicken Pie Sticks for you. It’s a recipe for a nice dinner or for lunch alone! I love to serve with Creamy Pico De Gallo.
Add 125 g flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon baking powder, 6 tablespoons of butter cut into small cubes and 60 g of cream cheese in a food processor and mix until you get a fine texture. When turning on the robot, add 1-2 teaspoons water and 2 teaspoons vinegar and continue to turn on the robot until the dough is formed. Pour the dough onto a clean surface and roll into a ball with your hand. Cover tightly with plastic packaging and cool for min 30 minutes.
2 cooked, boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 recipe cream cheese crust (divided into two discs and chilled)
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425˚F
- Combine filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl and completely mix together. Set aside.
- To assemble: Roll 1 chilled dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a 13” x 9” rectangle and brush surface with egg wash.
- Scoop filling into a piping bag or resealable plastic bag and cut a 1/2 inch opening at the tip.
- Leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge and beginning on the left (13 inch) edge, pipe 8 lines of filling, 2 inches apart.
- Roll other disc of dough to a 13”x 9” rectangle. Sprinkle sesame seeds over dough and using a rolling pin, gently embed sesame seeds into dough.
- Carefully lift and place sesame studded dough over filling topped dough and gently press down between filling and edge to seal.
- Slice to separate each hand pie stick and using the back of a fork, crimp edge of each stick.
- Transfer sticks to a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Brush each stick with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Bake hand pie sticks in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow savory hand pie sticks to cool, about 15 minutes, before serving.