I promise you, Kumkuat jam will wrap your kitchen with a fragrant smell, and you will drunk from this smell. The benefits of Kumkuat can be found in detail below.
A Kumquat is no bigger than a grape, but a little bite gives a intense taste like a big fruit in the mouth. It is filled with intense citrus flavor.
In Chinese, Kumquat means “golden orange”. Orginally, it grows in China. Now they grows in other places in the United States, including Florida and the hottest regions such as Distance.
The tree of other citrus fruits, the peel of the kumquat is sweet and edible.
Kumquat is worth other than the rich vitamin C and fibers. In fact, in one serving you make more fiber than any other fresh fruits.
A portion of 100 grams (about 5 whole kumquats) contains:
Carbohydrate: 16 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fat: 1 gram
Fiber: 6.5 grams
A Vitamin: 6% of RDI
Vitamin C: 73% of RDI
Calcium: 6% of RDI
Manganese: 7% of RDI
Kumquat also provides a smaller amount of vitamin B, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and zinc.
Edible seeds and kumquat bark provide a small amount of omega-3 oil.
Kumquats, like other fresh fruits, are moisturizing. Approximately 80% of their weight is water.
Kumkat’s high water and fiber content makes a meal satisfying, but their calories are so low. This makes your weight a great snack.
500 g kumquat
800 ml of water
500 g of sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
½ lemon juice
2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Wash Kumquats thoroughly and rub dry with a cloth, cutting away the stems (if any).
- Bring the water to a boil in a sufficiently large saucepan, add the sugar and spices and cook until the sugar has completely dissolved. Put kumquats in the saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the kumquats soak in the pan overnight.
- The next day, add the lemon or orange juice and, if you like, the rum to the kumquats.
- Boil everything again, after about 5 minutes the kumquats with a spoon from the
- Take syrup and distribute in sterilized screw cap or Rex glasses. If you like, you can also distribute cinnamon sticks and star anise in the glasses.
- Make the syrup boil for another 15 minutes, pour over the kumquats and immediately shoot the glasses.